Sunday, November 01, 2009

My Irrational Fear of...

Ok... let's see if I can do this month of daily postings. In my head, I'm laughing at myself for even considering it... look at my track record for the year! But it would go a long way toward helping me make my goal for the year! On to my irrational fears!

Jokingly, I told 'becca today that have a fear of finishing my master's degree just in time to find out that I hate libraries. It's not likely, I love my job. I've been happy with the different positions that I've held in the library. But still... there's that small part of me that doubts my ability to be happy long term in any job.

Another, possibly irrational, fear that I have is failure. What if, after doing everything I can to make life better for my little family, I find out that it's not enough. What if, after working like crazy to provide better for my girlie, I find out that all I've done is wasted lots of time & Alicia doesn't even care... or like me. Like I said... irrational... the girl can't stand to let me out of her sight some days. But maybe that's a sign that she's not getting enough of me. My life dream was always to be a mommy... what if I'm blowing it?

Good grief! I sure hope that all the topics this month aren't going to turn into deep, emotional posts. I'll be a blubbering idiot by the end!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I share the exact same concerns as a parent. It wasn't until I became a parent that I realized that I am a perfectionist. I thought the symptom was that a perfectionist insists on doing everything perfectly. In actuality it's the worry that my best will not be good enough. Think of it this way... does a bad parent ever worry that they are not doing a good job? NO! It is a great parent that questions themselves and is always striving to do a good job. You are not blowing it!

Holly said...

Thanks, Patti!