I feel like I shouldn't abandon this little blog just because NaBloPoMo is over... but what is there to talk about....????
We are inching ever closer to a new computer system at work. I think it will all be ok, but it's a bit scary. Lots of times I question the training we're receiving... I'm not sure it's adequate. But I know that as we actually use the program, we'll get it. Of course, it was a bit disconcerting to hear today that the real thing will look different than the practice database we've been using. Kinda makes you wonder why we've bothered, ya know? As it stands, we shut down the current system at close on Dec. 30. We go to the offline version of the new system on Dec. 31. We go live with the new system Jan. 6. And depending on how ready we are determines whether we stay late on Jan. 5 to do the uploading of the offline data or if we open late on Jan. 6. If we open late on Jan. 6, I have a baby program to cancel at the last minute. *sigh* What was wrong with the current system? Oh yeah, the company is going to stop supporting it.
Look! There's still plenty to talk about!
No comments:
Post a Comment