Here are the questions for the Cataloging scavenger hunt.
To receive full credit for each of the following questions, you must find the exact answer. Responses will be found in the course materials and introductory emails available to you for week 1. Short answers are acceptable and in some cases one word responses will suffice1) What is the purpose of Exercise 6 and what is the total point value of Exercise 6?
2) Name one title available via NetLibrary on the suggested reading list.
3) What are two of the default Search Options in the Catalogers Calculator?
4) What is the due date of the Exercise 5 for grade?
5) What chapter in AACR2 specifically concerned with the description of monographs?
6) What is Adobe Connect?
7) Do I have to attend the Adobe Connect sessions?
8) What is the password and user id for OCLC Connexion?
9) In cataloging lingo, what is the t.p.?
10) How many areas are found in a bibliographic record?
11) How do you turn in your exercises for grade?
12) Do you need to turn in your practice assignments?
13) What is the total point value for all exercises for grade including scavenger hunt?
14) Name at least one major Cataloging standard covered in this course?
15) How many points do I deduct for spelling mistakes?
16) How many points do I deduct for spacing errors?
17) Did you post your User Profile in Oncourse? Hint, in order to receive full credit here you must post a brief bio of yourself in the Oncourse profile.
18) How can we access the Authority File?
Nothing exciting or anything... just lots of foolish wasting of my time!
Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this class?
2 comments:
Wow... i love how about half of those questions have to do with the class itself, rather than the subject of the class. Pitiful. Thanks for posting, though.. yikes. :-(
I'd guess that it's the instructor's way of making that half of the class - the one which will ask questions that are answered in the syllabus - actually read the syllabus, for the same reason Laure pointed out.
Has the rest of the class thus far been this pedantic? Miserable...
Post a Comment