Monday, March 02, 2009

More about the computer class...

So, Jonathan's comment about the blog requirement got me thinking about my computer class. How I wish I'd been willing to lie about my experience with creating websites and waivered out of the class! It's one of those classes that just might drive me crazy. Not because it's difficult, but because the instructor seems a bit clueless.

Last week we did Excel. Not extremely difficult. I mean, I know some people haven't used it before, but the assignment was easy to follow. EXCEPT for the parts that actually weren't possible. I had 2 parts of the assignment that I couldn't figure out... and when I looked in the help section was specifically told that those operations were impossible in 2007. Yes, impossible. One actually said, although the option is on the menu, it has no functionality in 2007. Ok...

Of course, during the first lab, we were told to download 2007 onto our computers. So everyone should be trying to use it. I won't go into the nightmare getting the program on my computer was.

I ended up saving the project back into the 2003 version, taking it to work and finishing it. And I made sure that I pointed out the problem areas when I submitted the assignment. Watch me fail for that! Ugh.

The instructor is really bad about communication, though. She still hasn't answered a couple of questions I asked her in January. I'm glad that this is a one time thing that I'll have her. She is, however, the main secretary for the Library and Information Science department. *sigh*

Ok, all done. Thanks for opening it up for that little rant, Jonathan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The honor is to serve.