- Complete 5 classes towards my master's degree. That gets me well on my way to finishing my master's by May 2011.
- Blog an average of 4 times a month. Yes, that means that I am already behind!
- Take a trip that gets us out of Indiana/Illinois. I'm thinking Virginia, but would settle for across the border into Michigan!
- Complete 365 scrapbook pages and cards in whatever combination that happens.
- Finish Wayne's Christmas stocking. I've only been working on this for about 4 years... surely I can get it done, right?
- Make Christmas cards. This one is actually a huge stretch. And yes, they will count toward completing my 365!
- Lose weight... to get back under 200 pounds.
- Eat at 6 new restaurants. No, eating at a different Chili's than usual does not count. Yes, the Chinese restaurant that 'becca and I are going to tomorrow does!
- Send 1 piece of mail each month that is not a bill payment. Some of those will be going to Grandpa down in Florida.
- Attend 1 cultural event... I like how wide open that one is! Concert, play, musical... who knows!
- Attend 1 sporting event... again, a whole world of possibilities!
- Take Alicia to the beach. I hope to accomplish this on her birthday!
- Organize pictures on my computer. Right now, way too many of them are just jumbled into the folders the camera assigns them to.
- Read 3 books that are not for class, children's books, cookbooks, or scrapbook related. This is a lot harder than it sounds since I'm REALLY picky and tend to put books back after the first chapter or so.
- Take 3500 pictures... this is another tricky one. I tend to go in spurts. And yes, I am technically behind on this one, too.
- Send Christmas cards. I really enjoy making cards. But they like to sit in a box and never go anywhere. And that's pretty pointless.
- Watch 12 musicals. I'm thinking at home for some nice, relaxing, brainless entertainment. This should be an easy one, except for the fact that time to watch tv is rare. Hmmm... unless I count Disney movies, then I'll be done by Sunday! :)
- Catch Alicia's scrapbook album up through 2008. This is going to get me a HUGE way toward my page count goal!
- Cook 1 night a week to give Mom a break.
- Knock out those medical bills. I keep thinking that we're making progress and then we have something else hit. I'm not sure this one is possible, but I'm going to work on it.
- Complete the Art Journal challenge on Tally Scrappers. I have 2 of the 4 challenges done so far.
- Develop a consistent exercise routine. 4 times a week for a start.
- Find a devotional book that I will stick with. I don't do well with the little "Our Daily Bread" books. They don't seem quite enough. But I don't have an hour a day to sit down. So I need to figure out something that will get me consistent again.
- Put music on the MP3 player I got for Christmas.
- Scrapbook my 2008 pictures.
- Submit at least one page to a magazine call. Notice I didn't say get a page published. I really don't care. But I think it would be good for me to push myself a little.
- Take Alicia to the zoo. I'm also thinking about this for her birthday. There has to be a beach near the Michigan City zoo and she'll be 4... it's not like we're going to spend hours at either place.
- Finish Christmas presents before Christmas Eve. This would be a major accomplishment!
- Bake with Alicia 12 times this year.
- Catch up on my email and stay current within a week. Sounds simple, but I have a few emails from December waiting for replies.
- Take 5 frame-worthy pictures of my girlie and get them printed out! Which leads to...
- Use my free print credits. I signed up for an account on Artscow and they give you something like 1200 free prints over the course of a year... some 4x6, some 5x7. And I haven't used any.
- Cut out restaurant french fries. They make me sick. Yet I can't seem to resist them. This year, I will!
- Participate in a traveling journal. Of course, this one requires some help... who wants to start one?
- Attend a scrapbooking event. This is actually kind of a given seeing as I'm planning to go to the scrapbook retreat up at Silver Birch Ranch in November. But it never hurts to give myself an easy goal!
That's it! It will be fun to see how I do. Or terribly humiliating... I'm not sure!
And there's one post done for #2!
3 comments:
Yay! How fun! i know i'm not going to get my whole list done... i think it's the stretching and the fun that count! And i think your list will be a smashing success!
Great Goals Holly!! You'll have to keep us posted - which should help with #2 ;o)
go, holly! i'm so proud. :)
Post a Comment